Last revised: 8 July 2016.
The Only Once website
What are cookies?
A cookie is a tiny data file, which is stored on your computer within the web browser, when certain web pages are visited. A cookie does not contain or collect information in isolation, but when read by a server via a web browser; it can give information to facilitate a more user-friendly service such as detecting errors. We do not retain a cookie longer than necessary.
To use our Website fully, you will need to have cookies enabled. If you do not wish to enable cookies, you can still browse the site; however certain features of the site may be limited.
You may notice the presence of different types of cookies generated on your visit to this Website. There are four types of cookies:
- Functional cookies.
- Analytical cookies.
- Advertising cookies.
- Social media cookies.
Our Website does NOT use any advertising and social media cookies.
These cookies are necessary to make it possible to surf the Only Once Website(s) and use the website’s functions, such as accessing protected areas of the Website. Without these cookies, such functions are not possible.
- Ensuring authentication and security aspects during your visit.
- Passing on information from one page to the next, for instance if a long survey is being filled in.
- Storing preferences such as language, location, the number of search results to be displayed etc.
- Storing settings for optimal video display, such as buffer size and your screen’s resolution details.
- Reading your browser settings so that we can display our website optimally on your screen.
- Locating misuse of our website and services, for example by recording several consecutive failed log-in attempts.
- Loading the website evenly so that it remains accessible.
- Offering the option of storing log-in details so that you don’t have to enter them every time.
- Making it possible to place a reaction on our Website.
These cookies gather information about the surfing behavior of visitors to our Websites, such as which pages are visited often and whether visitors receive error messages. By doing this we are able to make the structure, navigation and content of the website as user-friendly as possible for you. We do not link the statistics and other reports to individuals.
- Keeping track of the number of visitors to our web pages.
- Keeping track of the length of time that each visitor spends on our web pages.
- Determining the order in which a visitor visits the various pages on our website.
- Assessing which parts of our site need to be improved.
- Optimizing the website.
Based on the guidelines of the Dutch Data Protection Authority, we made Google Analytics more privacy friendly by:
- Ensuring we have “Processing Contract” with Google.
- Activating in Google Analytics the IP addresses anonymization.
- Ensuring sharing of data with Google will not take place.
Google may only provide these data to third parties if Google is required to do so by law, or to the extent third parties processing these data on behalf of Google.
The www.onlyonce.com Website places the functional cookies when you enter our Website. Only after you have given your consent, the Website places the analytical cookies.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see www.aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Archived version: 23 November 2015
Questions and feedback
Please send us your questions and comments about cookies or privacy to firstname.lastname@example.org.